What is the IEPG project?
Why an IEPG project?
What are the contents of the project?
- Economic presence comprises the export of primary goods, energy, manufactures and services, as well as outward foreign direct investment.
- Military presence is measured by the number of troops actually deployed abroad and by the equipment necessary to enable overseas deployment.
- ‘Soft’ presence includes immigrant population, tourist arrivals, results in major sporting competitions, exports of audiovisual activities, international dissemination of information through the Internet, volume of foreign-oriented patents, international activity of its academic-university system (both in terms of research, through academic publications, and teaching, as measured by the number of foreign students) and development assistance.
What is the project for?
- Analysing global trends in international presence (the evolution of multipolarity and bipolarity, the rise and/or decline of powers and regions, the greater or lesser role of ‘soft’ as opposed to ‘hard’ power, etc).
- Examining the foreign policy of the countries for which the index is calculated (assessing their efforts in relation to their results, analysing their presence by sector, studying the relation between presence and actual influence, the gap between objective presence and subjective perception or reputation, etc).
|14||Republic of Korea||146.1|
|21||United Arab Emirates||82.3|